Three winners of the Contest will be chosen by judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria:
Share your team’s story with us. Are you a parent who has a child of determination? Are you a sibling pair of determination? Are you friends? Did you make a new friend through this team effort? Is this your grandma’s recipe? There is a story to every creation. Where did yours begin? - share your story with us!
Is the recipe your original idea? Is there a secret sauce to your recipe? Did you add something different?
Attention to Detail: 30%
Did you share all the ingredients? Are the steps clearly mentioned? Arabic or English – is the written recipe in so much detail that we can easily read through it?
Plating and Organization: 10%
Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Was it creatively plated?
1. By entering, participants agree that the entered data is collected by Abu Dhabi Culinary Season and Inclusive (Contest organizers) to review the entries and judge the recipes based on the selection criteria mentioned on the website.
2. Participants acknowledge that the contest closes at 12:00 AM on the 12th of December and the results are announced on the 14th of December.
3. Participants understand that the winning prize is AED 1,000 (UAE currency) worth of mall vouchers applicable in the United Arab Emirates for three winning entries.
4. Participants have read and understood the eligibility criteria and the selection criteria in detail.
5. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about Mid-December 2019 by regular mail, phone call and/or email. Any winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility within 30 days of prize notification attempt or the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in selection of an alternate winner. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Organizer and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s details in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Content organizers are not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile or any other device and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Organizers reserve the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Entrants agree to indemnify Organizers, their affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. Business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Organizer with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Organizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions for prize except by Organizer, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
8. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Organizers, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Organized Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of each entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, biographical data and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Organizer and/or others authorized by the Organizer; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Organizer Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Organizer from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Fully-executed affidavits and releases must be received by Organizer within five (5) days from the date that Organizer first tries to notify the potential winner. Organizer may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Organizer Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Organizing Entity, as determined by Organizer in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
9. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Organizer not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Organizer’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Organizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Organizer. (iii) Organizer further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Organizer Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Organizer be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Organizer, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) organizer entities make no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this promotion or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any prize or any component of any prize. (vii) caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, organizer reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. (viii) the value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent organizer’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by organizer are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
10. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If any court of law, having jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be removed from the Official Rules without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of these Official Rules will continue to be valid and enforceable. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the courts of Abu Dhabi, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, without resort to class action, exclusively by law of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
Was the largest cultural gathering in the UAE of its kind, from themes to historic traditions guests were able to find the East celebrated with the same zest at du Arena, Yas Island.
The three-day event hosted a range of signature activities and features as well as celebrated the biggest and brightest festival of lights “Diwali”.
A blend of the best of art, craft, dance, music and theatre, the 3-day festival is only just a glimpse of the treasure the country carries.
Experience the magic of the East and witness the true colors of India, hear the sound of the drums, guitars and pianos, smell the aroma of fresh food, and hear the chatter amongst friends, Yas Mega Mela is like a massive family get-together.
The kaleidoscope of colours, cultures, goods and flavours on offer will have you coming back for more, no matter what your Indian influence and interest.
It offers an unparalleled opportunity to come face to face with the Middle East’s Asian community and experience the culture in its entirety.
RAN FROM: October 31 – November 2
VENUE: du Arena, Yas Island
Taste of Abu Dhabi is the definitive showcase of the capital’s best restaurants, top chefs, live music and leading food & drink brands. The 3-day event was hosted between the 7th-9th November 2019, in the world famous du Arena, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
The highlight of the foodie calendar, Taste of Abu Dhabi showcasesd the latest, greatest and most exciting restaurants from the region. Festival goers were served taster-size signature dishes, whilst world-class celebrity chefs cooked up a storm live on-stage and, as always, there were many opportunities for guests to get hands-on with interactive masterclasses and shoped from an array of local and international food & drink vendors.
Taste of Abu Dhabi 2019, was bigger and better than ever before! We hosted over 15,000 visitors and the festivities kicked off on 7th November. Guests were able to taste incredible food & drink, enjoy live music from our international headline acts and take part in amazing activities. We can guarantee a fun-filled weekend for the whole family! See you at the 2020 Taste of Abu Dhabi!
Abu Dhabi’s best restaurants were revealed by Time Out Abu Dhabi.
Within the Time Out Abu Dhabi Restaurant Awards hosted in 2019 there are 21 categories covering a vast range of different cuisines and venues.
Across the year, the team of reviewers have eaten at hundreds of restaurants, cafés, bars, pubs and brunches anonymously and paid for their meals.
The winners were announced at the awards ceremony which was held at Rosewood Abu Dhabi on Tuesday November 26th.
Welcome to World of Food Abu Dhabi a culinary jouWelcome to World of Food Abu Dhabi a culinary journey of funky street food, from more than a dozen countries. Featuring savory and sweet food dishes, our Chefs prepared quirky, eye catching Instagrammable dishes.
Guests joined us for delicious dishes, incredible demonstrations from Michelin star chefs, divine desserts, live entertainment and a guinness world record that was broken at the park.
Whether it was to sample the delicacies, enjoy live music, entertain the kids, eat your way around the globe or find that something special for the kitchen; World of Food has it covered.
Hosted 5 - 9 December 2019 | Umm Al Emarat Park, Abu Dhabi
The 2019 edition of SIAL Middle East ran from 9 - 11 December at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. If you attended the event last year, get ready to be amazed yet again with an even bigger event as thousands of never before seen products in the region will be on display. Stay tuned for 2020.
The specialty coffee industry is a key part of the region’s rapidly expanding food and beverage industry and to strengthen the incredible growth of the specialty coffee scene in the Middle East, three official competitions, certified by World Coffee Events (WCE) and sanctioned by the Specialty Coffee Association took place at SIAL Middle East.
The UAE National Coffee Championships ran from 9th - 11th December 2019 at SIAL Middle East in Abu Dhabi, bringing together the region's most passionate and talented baristas.
The specialty coffee industry is a key part of the region’s rapidly expanding food and beverage industry and to strengthen the incredible growth of the specialty coffee scene in the Middle East, three official competitions, certified by World Coffee Events (WCE) and sanctioned by the Specialty Coffee Association will take place at SIAL Middle East.
The UAE National Coffee Championships will take place from 9th - 11th December 2019 at SIAL Middle East in Abu Dhabi, bringing together the region's most passionate and talented baristas.
The Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi will pioneer the first Gahwa Championships in the UAE capital in December 2019. Building on the success of its Bait Al Gahwa initiative, which aims to document and protect Gahwa as an essential element of Emirati culture, the Championships will test the knowledge and practice of competitors from across the region in areas such as the heritage of Gahwa; bean selection and roasting; and Gahwa preparation and serving. The Championships will also feature categories specific to roasting as well as a beverage concept award.
The date fruit is synonymous to Northern Africa and the Middle East region. Having said that, there is no better place than Abu Dhabi to host the inaugural edition of Abu Dhabi Date Palm Exhibition (ADDPE), the world’s only dedicated B2B event for date palm fruit.
To be held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE, Minister of Presidential Affairs And Chairman of Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority (ADAFSA), the 2019 edition of the event will be held from 9 – 11 December at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
Abu Dhabi Date Palm Exhibition will be co-located with SIAL Middle East, the region’s fastest-growing food, beverage, and hospitality event.
As part of Abu Dhabi Culinary Season, the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) has launched a city-wide promotion that will see multiple restaurants and malls across Abu Dhabi offer diners amazing meals at jaw-dropping prices.
Abu Dhabi Culinary Season, which will run from 14 November to 14 December, will include the Delicious Deals promotion, which will give food-lovers even more reason to take a break from their daily routine and take advantage of some mouth-watering food promotions.
From brilliant burgers and super salads to ‘sinful’ sweets and treats, food-fans will be able to find it all under the Delicious Deals umbrella at loads of their favourite food outlets. Visit restaurants that are on board until December 14th to take advantage of these exclusive deals.